Wednesday, 27 June 2012

Travel destinations: Nice

Nice, capital of the French Riviera with a world famous waterfront 'Promenade des Anglais' and one of the Côte d’Azur’s more cosmopolitan cities.
Its one of the best places in France if you want the sun, a beautiful beach and a more exotic twist than boring French 'Chardonnay'. Theres many types of cocktails, cuisines and influences; with Monaco and Cannes along the same stretch of coastline and easy to travel to by train.


Theres lots to see and do, apart from the obvious shopping in all the beautiful designer stores, theres markets; the best being at the Cours Selaya (between Place Massena and The 'old town' Vieux Nice) which houses an Antiques martket every Monday, or the famous flower market, it's namesake, everyday apart from Monday, pictured below.
The architecture and beautiful buildings were enough to keep me entertained, snapping away with my camera while we walked to the Cours Selaya, the colours were lovely on a sunny day, all the streets dotted with little cafes and pâtisseries.
 And the food did I mention the food? The baguettes and hams and cured meats and exotic fruits imported from across the sea and the cakes!? So good!
So if you're going to Nice, the only downside would be the price, the Côte d’Azur is not known for it's bargain deals, more it's elite shops, cafes and restaurants and festivals. If you stay further east of Nice and not so close to the Old town (like I did) you can find some cheaper deals but expect to pay a lot, on the brightside though- Easyjet fly there and do some bargain flights now and then!

Please comment/subscribe if you liked this post :)

12 comments :

  1. wow I would love to go to Nice!.. lovely photos :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tnank you! I wouldn't mind being there right now, what with this rubbish English 'summer' that we're having :)

      Delete
  2. Looks beautiful! I love the name of your blog.. :) HAha

    Please check out my new blog:

    http://thelooneybuttdiaries.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Thank you very much! I was a bit lazy making up a name, but oh well :)
      Done! And followed
      Daniella x

      Delete
  3. It looks beautiful there! Such nice photos xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a BIG fan of vanilla slice and the one in your picture looks amazing!

    http://arrceebee.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! haha to be honest I can't remember if it was amazing or not! I'm sure it was :)

      Delete
  5. That place looks gorgeous! I would definitely go on a holiday there :)
    - - - - -
    Please click the link to my blog for a FREE GIVEAWAY and spread this message to others: http://be-bold-be-beautiful.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so pretty there I loved it!
      Checked out your blog :)
      Daniella x

      Delete

Thanks so much for the comments, I love reading all of them and really appreciate every comment I receive.

I DON'T do follow for follow' as it's rude and impersonal. So please DON'T ASK me to follow you! Leave your link and I always check out blog URLs left for me of my own accord and if I like a blog I'll follow anyway.
Hope this doesn't put anyone off reading my blog or come across as negative :)
Thank you