Friday, 15 June 2012

What I've been watching lately...

A bit of a boring post, bust basically a catch up of all the great tv shows that are on offer at the moment.
One that has just started it's fifth series and that I am so excited to get into again would be True Blood. For those of you who don't know it. Its a vampire show (yes one of those) but a lot darker and set in swampy Louisiana where theres more than vampires to worry about. The premise is that vampires have suddenly 'come out' to the world with the invention of 'True blood' a fake blood substitute that sustains vampires and therefore stops the killing of humans as food.



Another show that has unfortunately finished its second series (in the USA) only last week, was Games of Thrones. It took me a while to get into this, but once I did I loved it. It's set in Westeros, a made up land based on medieval England. With lots of 'little' kings and one who sits on the 'Iron Throne' said to be king of all the lands. It stars Sean Bean, Lena Headey and a lot of other famous stars. Its based on the book series, although loosely, the story doesn't just follow the king and 'little king's' struggles for power in westeros is also follows the character Daenerys an exiled child of the former king who sat on the 'Iron Throne' and she is on a land across the 'narrow sea' (the Channel!). I love the story becasue I love anything like this, I loved Rome when it ws on! A must watch in my opinion.

Another show which also ended recently (in the USA) is Revenge. I didn't think I would like this show; a girl is wronged, well her dead fathe mainly, and sets out to seek revenge on all the culpable etc etc. I thought it sounded tired and overdone. But this show exectutes it in such a brilliant cold and cunning way. The girl in question, Emily Thorne (aka Amanda Clarke) has changed her identity to go back to The Hamptons and get revenge on the most powerful family there; The Graysons. Once I sae the first episode I couldn't stop and before I knew it 3am had gone and passed! Apparently its based on The Count of Monte Cristo, a story famous for it's 'revenge'

And finally the other show I'm watching at the moment or rather catching up on, is The Killing. The American version, not the Danish version which it is adapted from. I'm only at the end of the first series so unfortunately can't (and probably shouldn't) tell you the story line. But basically it starts with a missing girl, Rosie Larsen, in Seattle. Her parents get home from their weeekend away and report her as missing. The police search and find her body in a car, under water in a lake, miles from anywhere. The series is then the search for her killer but in doing so the main detective: Linden, uncovers more than she should, such as links to political campaigns, terrorists, the Larsen's own ties to variuos dodgy people, and Rosie's teacher. I love the dark eerie scenes of wet, grey seattle and the harsh story. I hope the second series is as good!

So check any of these out if you like the sound of them!


Please comment or subscribe if you liked this post, thanks!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for the comments, I love reading all of them and really appreciate every comment I receive.

I DON'T do follow for follow' as it's rude and impersonal. So please DON'T ASK me to follow you! Leave your link and I always check out blog URLs left for me of my own accord and if I like a blog I'll follow anyway.
Hope this doesn't put anyone off reading my blog or come across as negative :)
Thank you