Thursday, 12 July 2012

A Liebster Blog Award



"...The Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The Meaning; Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome."

I was tagged by
http://divagirlstrikesagain.blogspot.co.uk/



Her unique blog is not a fashion or beauty blog, but one about her opinions and life which I find refreshing. Take a look!

It made my day to have somebody think my blog was worth reading and to nominate me. I do this blog purely as a way to express my opinions and give a small insight into my life and it's great that somebody finds that interesting.

 The Rules
1. Each person must post 11 random facts about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. Remember, no tag backs.

11 questions asked by Diva Girl Strikes Again

1) Why did you start writing your blog?

Firstly boredom as I had finished uni for the summer and my temp job had just ended. But now I look forward to writing about things I love and that people enjoy what I write; I love writing and want to have a career in it someday.
2) How long have you been writing your blog for?
2 months.. give or take!
3) Where do you want to be in the next 5 years?
I have no idea, right now exactly 5 years time I hope to be in the sun somewhere on holiday if the July is anything like this one. I guess I want to feel I've accomplised more.
4) How old are you?
I'm 22.
5) How old do you feel?
Much younger, 19 maybe. I still get ID checked and told I look about 17 so thats nice to hear.
6) Why do you think people follow your blog?
I hope because they find what I write interesting!
7) Are you in a relationship?
Yes
8) What makes you happy?
Summer; just a nice summers day in the sun with people I love eating strawberries and drinking cider.
9) Descrivbe yourself in 5 words?
Dreamer, sun-worshipper, Hippy-at-heart?
10) Where would you love to visit?
The Galapogos Islands, Brazil, Peru, San Fransisco, New York, Crete, Kefalonia, Beijing, Bali, Kenya... lots of places
11) What would your ideal job be?
Something where I am self employed I can't stand being reliant on other people or bossed about by incompetent managers!

**UPDATE**
More questions From Ali at Zombies wear eyeliner, after she also kindly nominated me!
1. If you could be any fictional character (film, TV, book etc.), who would you be and why? I would probably be from another time, maybe Kirsten Dunst's character in Interview with a Vampire (I love [good] vampire stories) or Karla from Shantaram- one of my favourite books.
2. What language do you most want to learn? Swedish so I can understand my family and they don't have to translate and Spanish because I love it.
3. What's your favourite part of your daily routine? Turning off the light and going to sleep! I love sleeping.
4. What song would you like to be played at your funeral? Elusive by Scott Matthews, It's my lullaby so it seems only fitting it should be then too/
5. When are you at your best during the day? Probably late afternoon/ dusk. I'm not a morning person
6. Describe your dream home. Somewhere abroad, in a hot country, by the sea, with a beach view, with balconies and a beautiful garden with fruit trees and fairy lights lighting up the bushes.
7. Which fashion trend do you wish you had the courage to wear? The matching pieces that are about nowadays with the fifties styling.
8. If you could relive one year of your life, which year would it be? I don't know, I don't think I've experienced one perfect year yet! I'm sure I will and I'd pick that one.
9. What was your favourite subject at school and why? I loved English because I love reading, I love writing. It just came naturally to me.
10. If you could time travel, what year/period/country would you like to visit? I'd visit either 1920s America, or Roman Italy.
11. Life is like a box of chocolates. Which chocolate do you reach for in the box first? Umm depends what box- I'll go with quality street: The PURPLE ONE!

*UPDATE*
More questions from Amy at Brighter Shade of Pale after she also kindly nominated me:
1. What is your favourite ice-cream flavour? Either Mint Choc Chip or Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie
2. If you could only buy your clothes from one shop for the rest of your life, where would it be and why? Probably Zara, I might have said Topshop but I've been loving Zara a lot lately
3. Who is your celebrity crush? At the Moment, probably the guy from Snow White and the Hunstman.
4. What is your favourite film and why? I don't think I could narrow it down to one! I'd say the Disney classics (Beauty and the beast, Little mermaid, Aladdin) with Into the Wild, The English Patient and Pulp Fiction
5. Which makeup product could you not live without? Mascara
6. If you had to wear lipstick everyday for the rest of your life which would it be? Um, my 17 Berry smoothie moisturising lip stick
7. How many pairs of shoes do you own approx? About 30-40.... Woah too many!
8. What is your favourite season? Summer without a doubt! But not English summer, proper summer!
9. What colour is your bedroom painted? Blue and purple
10. Mascara or eyeliner? Mascara
11. Flats or heels? Flats
http://collinsflora.blogspot.co.uk/
http://anansays.blogspot.co.uk/
http://iamlaurenpotts.blogspot.co.uk/
http://josieowen.blogspot.co.uk/
http://thebeautymist.blogspot.co.uk/
http://thelooneybuttdiaries.blogspot.co.uk/
http://vesuvialdesire.blogspot.co.uk/


My 11 questions for you, the nominated.!
(when you have done a post on your blog can you comment on my blog and let me know ^^)
Whats putting s smile on your face this month?

What have you learned in the last 5 years?

What would you imagine yourself doing in 5 years time?

Do you have any sibling?

Do you still have the same friends you did 7 years ago?

Have you been travelling recently? If so where? If not where you like to go?

What was the last song you listened to?

Do you read any newspapers/magazines on a regular basis?

What age were you the happiest?

Do you have any children or pets?

Why do you think people follow your blog?

10 comments :

  1. love love love the tag! Could you please consider following each other? www.shineonbyandrea.blogspot.com so that we can keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Followed you :)

      Daniella x

      Delete
    2. Thanks, thats really sweet of you :)! x

      Delete
    3. Definitely meant to write that as a separate comment! Whoops x

      Delete
  2. :D I just had to tag you x i started my blog a month ago as well and it makes you smile to know people love what you write about xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks thats so lovely of you :) It makes my day when someone says they've enjoyed reading a post!
      Daniella x

      Delete
  3. wow thank you so much, i will definitely answer these questions in my next post! i followed :)

    anansays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i just realized i already followed you before, i'm sorry that i mentioned it again and again :S

      Delete
    2. Haha no its doesnt matter :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for updating with my questions, I had a funny feeling you'd already been nominated but I wanted to make sure! Love your answers, I totally jump for the purple Quality Street too! I'm so jealous your family are Swedish, I'd love to go there one day :)

    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comments, I love reading all of them and really appreciate every comment I receive.

I DON'T do follow for follow' as it's rude and impersonal. So please DON'T ASK me to follow you! Leave your link and I always check out blog URLs left for me of my own accord and if I like a blog I'll follow anyway.
Hope this doesn't put anyone off reading my blog or come across as negative :)
Thank you