Tuesday, 17 July 2012

Love for my.. Revlon Just Bitten kissable balm stain

I'm sure you've all read a lot of reviews for the Revlon Just bitten kissable balm stain- what a mouthful!
 But I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon too, and just do a quick review- sorry about the rubbish photos the light today was terrible!



I have the 'Rendezvous' shade- which is actually a lot more orange than these photos show- the last photo is probably more true. However when I have it on its a more coral pink shade- I love it! It has a minty flavour to it, much like a lip balm would.
They are sold as dupes to the Clinique 'chubby sticks' which sell for £16- however this is slightly misleading as the chubby stick is a colour balm, whereas Revlon's is a balm stain. it really does stain I put in on at 7pm and ate and drank and it was still there at midnight. They are also a dupe to the Tarte 'LipSurgence Lip tint', which retails in the USA for $24 ( it also has the same minty taste!).
The best 'dupe' to the Revlon that I could find, that was cheap was the 17 Berry crush lip stain with vitamin C, more a stain than a balm but cheaper than Revlon at £4.99 from Boots.
The Revlon Just Bitten kissable balm stain is currently selling in Boots and Superdrug at £5.99. £2 off as an introductory price so this won't be forever. 
On eBay there are some strange looking ones (I think they're fakes) selling for £3.50 +P&P- Avoid these!
The real ones are retailing on eBay at £5 +P&P which works out more than the high street prices.
Unfortunately we have less shades than the USA get; they have a choice of twelve! Including two nude shades and dark brown/red shade. You can find these on eBay however, right here.
I've ordered one of the shades from the USA, called 'Sweetheart' as I liked this one so much.

Thanks for reading, have any of you tried the Revlon balm stain, or the lip butter? I still need to try the lip butter! What have you tried or what do you want to try?
Please comment/ subscribe if you liked this post :)

4 comments :

  1. I want to try these so bad, but I haven't been able to find them here in Canada yet!
    Great review.

    I really like your blog & am following. I hope you will check mine out & follow back. xx
    just-another-day1.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I've heard they're not available yet in Canada which is a shame, I think eBay is your best bet if you don't want to wait!

      Thank you! Yes I'll definitely check out your blog :)
      Daniella x

      Delete
  2. Looks great, I might get one! Thanks for the e-bay tip, because I don't know for sure if they sell those in Holland :) X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, I got my first one from eBay :)
      Daniella x

      Delete

Thanks so much for the comments, I love reading all of them and really appreciate every comment I receive.

I DON'T do follow for follow' as it's rude and impersonal. So please DON'T ASK me to follow you! Leave your link and I always check out blog URLs left for me of my own accord and if I like a blog I'll follow anyway.
Hope this doesn't put anyone off reading my blog or come across as negative :)
Thank you