Friday, 3 August 2012

Not another.. Beauty Box post?

Hey guys, this weeks been a bit busier than others. I've decided to get fit(finally!), so am contemplating joining a gym that I've visited with my friend twice. I've also been busy applying for quite a few jobs as I'm poor! And yesterday I was in London, soaking up the Olympics atmosphere. Our group of friends were hanging out in Kings Cross (not the station!) all day, and found ourselves at the Big Chill house and on the Roof Terrace, it was lovely.
Ok enough rambles; I got my August Shesaidbeauty box on Tuesday, which was still July? So very early! It was hit and miss, some things I really loved and was happy to receive, and one I really didn't get why it was included?

I got; White Glo: Professional Choice toothpaste, Balance Me: Rose Otto Intensive LipSalve, Redken: Colour Extend Radiant-10, Papier Poudre: Rachel powdered papers, Nails Inc. polish in Shoreditch and 4711 Eau De Cologne.
I loved the Redken Colour Extend spray! I'd say this was my favourite
I also loved the Balance me Rose Otto salve and the Papier Poudre: Rachel Powdered papers, I've never tried anything like this before!

I really wasn't pleased with these three, I hated the smell of the Cologne and the colour of the polish, although I love Nails Inc. so it was a shame. And the toothpaste I really didn't understand, it's not like an unusual luxury brand, just one I could pick up in Boots!?

So yes, very pleased, and bewildered (if that's the best word) by this box, but I can't wait to use my Redken! (Also I've created a profile on Shesaidbeauty's new network, if you have to it would be lovely if you would follow and I'll follow back- here's the link)
Have any of you been to London recently and seen anything Olympics related? Or if you've had your boxes yet-what did yo think of the products you received?

Thanks for reading, please comment/subscribe if you like this post

22 comments :

  1. Toothpaste is definitely an interesting product to receive in a beauty box, I hope it's super amazing! The rose salve sounds so lovely! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I've had toothpaste from a different box before but that was quite a luxury, unusual brand so I wasn't annoyed. I've got the Rose salve on now :) It's really nice
      Daniella x

      Delete
  2. wow those stuff are really good.
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know can't wait to use them :)
      Daniella x

      Delete
  3. I actually use white glo daily, you can buy in boots and it comes with a toothbrush! Love this stuff. its a wicked toothpaste. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to trying it out as I haven't before, I was just a bit disappointed that it was something I could buy in Boots.. ah well :)
      Daniella x

      Delete
  4. Aw, what a lovely post! You’re blog is so sweet! xx
    myprettymummy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that's so kind of you :)
      Daniella x

      Delete
  5. I love the rose salve! Sophie at Sophie Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too, it smells so good!
      Daniella x

      Delete
  6. The balance me intensive lip salve is so good! It's made such a difference to my dry lips!

    wishfulsinfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I've noticed a difference already :)
      Daniella x

      Delete
  7. Heyy just thought i would let you know i have nominated you for the Liebster Award, check out my blog for the info :)
    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Thank you! I will :)
      Daniella x

      Delete
  8. Thanks for your visit and comment my dear!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Redken spray is amazing indeed!
    xo
    Anastasia♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it smells gorgeous, I can't say I've noticed a difference on my hair yet, but I've only been using it a few days :)
      Daniella x

      Delete
  10. I've still yet to try this beauty box thing - although not sure what I would do with all the new products each month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, sometimes I don't like everything in the box, but normally someone I know does and will take it off my hands
      Daniella x

      Delete
  11. I am so tempted to subscribe to one of these box things, but they seem quite expensive and they all add up! :(

    http://andthislittlepiggybeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    Anna xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I agree, I've only been doing to over the summer whilst I've had a job and been away from uni. I'd like to have them as maybe a Christmas gift though
      Daniella x

      Delete

Thanks so much for the comments, I love reading all of them and really appreciate every comment I receive.

I DON'T do follow for follow' as it's rude and impersonal. So please DON'T ASK me to follow you! Leave your link and I always check out blog URLs left for me of my own accord and if I like a blog I'll follow anyway.
Hope this doesn't put anyone off reading my blog or come across as negative :)
Thank you