Friday, 19 October 2012

Shades of Autumn.. and bits and bobs

I thought I'd do a short post this afternoon on my on my favourite new autumnal (love that word) shade. Basically vampy, purple reds.
Barry M nail paint in Raspberyy
Rimmel 'Kate' lasting finish matte lipstick in 107
Collection 2000 Lip Definer in 5 Damson

I'm a bit too wimpy to go for full out colour on my lips, so I just outline then smudge(a lot!) then kind of pat down the lipstick and wear with a simple cat eye. I'm loving darker lips since I dye my hair darker. I think in my head I'm trying to go for the pretty English rose/ Snow White look. In actual fact I look like I've been at the jam!! The nails I love though, I don't think the photo does this justice. it's a lovely deep pinky purple red that looks great on, and doesn't chip very easily either *WINNING*.
To go with my vampy shade I need pretty nails/hands and lips and face! So I thought I'd show just a small bit of what I do to combat dry skin from the weather and central heating!
I love my Crabtree & Evelyn hand creams  I got a set of three, think the Rosewater one is my favourite. And I always use my Lemon butter cuticle cream by Burts Bees, I even use it as lip balm sometimes, it's just so nice. For my face, my Etat Pur nourishing cream has been a favourite since I got it in June, and the Balance me Eye cream. I honestly can't tell if it's making difference as I don't have wrinkles....? But hopefully this should keep them at bay!?
And lastly lipbalm, does what it says on the tin. BOOM!

Thanks for reading, what's your favourite Autumn shades? Are there any products you swear by in Autumn/Winter that you could recommend??


23 comments :

  1. That lipstick look wonderful!! =)

    http://mypetitefashioncorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive got that kate moss lipstick it's such a nie shade!
    great blog

    check out my beauty giveaway!!

    vanessa @ www.vanessalucy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree, it's become my favourite lately!
      Daniella x

      Delete
  3. Great stuff! I love deep reds for the autumn too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great colour for autumn
      Daniella x

      Delete
  4. That nail polish is such a perfect colour!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, its a lovely red :)
      Daniella x

      Delete
  5. I literally want all 3 items in the top picture. I'm off to boots today for a big spend up!
    LaceyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I want all these red items <3
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the nail varnish, deffo purchasing that soon! My favourite colours for winter nails are darks, like dark blue and dark green, oh, and sparkles!!!

    lucy xo

    http://lucyadoresfashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love dark blues for winter too! I'm not sure dark greens suit me(on my nails) I've never found that perfect forest green
      Daniella x

      Delete
  8. I have the lipstick and I am the same I don't wear it full on but trying to gradually go darker! love these colours for autumn xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you have to be very brave to try it full on first time! I'm still at the patting it on stage :)
      Daniella x

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. It's a lovely shade isn't it?
      Daniella x

      Delete
  10. Great autumn post I love the winter time, love the nail varnish will have to try that colour.
    follow each other?
    pocockins.blogspot.com
    Sophie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) The nail varnish has become my favourite lately
      Daniella x

      Delete
  11. I really love these berry shades, perfect for Autumn!

    Tara
    The Style Rawr!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. You can't beat berry tones for Autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i adore the pic at the top of this post... it literally does say 'autumn'. love these kinds of shades... im addicted to diva by mac cos it falls in this family xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comments, I love reading all of them and really appreciate every comment I receive.

I DON'T do follow for follow' as it's rude and impersonal. So please DON'T ASK me to follow you! Leave your link and I always check out blog URLs left for me of my own accord and if I like a blog I'll follow anyway.
Hope this doesn't put anyone off reading my blog or come across as negative :)
Thank you