Monday, 19 November 2012

Tag- Music?

I Love Music 'tag'

I've never really done a 'tag' before, as I suppose none have really taken my fancy- spotted this and thought it was a bit more fun- and 'me' :) Hope you like it...



1.Do you have an Ipod, Zune, MP3 etc. if so which one and what kind?
I have an Ipod Classic, a few models back, it's still works but it's a bit scratched, I really want an Ipod touch!

2. Can you play any instruments?
Yes I can play the piano, not amazingly I think I got to grade 3, and can play some 4/5 pieces but I'm really slow to learn them!

3. Do you have an all time favourite CD/Album?
I really don't think I could say one, I never seem to like 'albums' just a few songs off of them. If I like at least 50& of the album I'll buy it!.. I suppose some of my favourites would be (can't narrow it to one); Florence and the machine-Lungs, Ben Howard- Every Kingdom, Mumford & Sons- Sigh no more, The Rolling Stones- Forty Licks, Kings of Leon- aha Shake Heatbreak, David Bowie- Let's Dance, Scott Matthews- Passing Stanger & Tricky- Maxinquaye. I also love Movie soundtracks; Into the Wild, The Beach and Almost Famous.

4. What's your favourite band/singer?
Ooh this is so tricky! I had to pick two, two that I will always love and play all the time, and are on my 'most played' in iTunes constantly and haven't been topped from their respective places in a few years!
First one is the Gipsy Kings, a band from France (although their parents are mostly Spanish Romani) and they sing in Spanish. You might recognise some of their songs 'Bombaleo' or 'Bem Bem Maria'. I love them, playing one of their songs will instantly put me in a good, upbeat mood and make me think of summer (so they're played A LOT in winter!
Next is Scott Matthews, his songs are very different to the Gipsy kings, much slower, with what people would call an acoustic/folk vibe. A tad more depressing that the Gipsy kings, but different and I love him. I dragged 2 of my friends, when we were at Glasto, to one of the furthest tents away from us as possible ( a  mile in wellies- not fun) just to see him, and catch his two last songs. I've loved him since hearing 'Elusive'.

5. Favourite song?
Probably 'Elusive' (Please see above)!! :)

6. Do you have "a song" with anybody,  a friend, family etc. where it means something to you?
Not really, with friends I suppose a funny song from when we're all together and drinking always gets put on a playlist, and we do have a penchant for 90's cheese when we're all together (think Cher, Notorious B.I.G., Wigan Pier 50). But no not really a specific song with anyone?

7. Have you ever sang/danced/played an instrument for an audience or group?
Ah I had to when I was learning piano, it was the annual pupils concert thing, it was horrible I hated it, never again!

8. Favourite album cover?
Hmm, tricky. Probably Nirvana's Nevermind. Just because I've always thought it was pretty cool.

9. Have you ever written a song?
Nope! Never.

10.If you could sing with any artist, who would it be and why?
I have never wanted to as I can't sing for shit! There's artists I'd love to hear that up close though, Gipsy Kings, Ben Howard, Bon Iver, Florence & the Machine, Adele, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, David Bowie ..... etc etc.

Thought I'd include what I'm currently listening to from Youtube, if anyone fancies a nose?
Wow if you made it this far without falling asleep give yourself a pat on the back!
What are your thoughts? Anybody to recommend if you have the same taste as me (or even if you don't !) Who are your favourite bands/ artists?

P.s On an unrelated note, I was lucky enough to win this blogger challenge for giftvouchers from the post I did about a week ago, this post Big thanks to everyone who checked it and commented- it meant a lot :)

29 comments :

  1. I've always wanted to do a tag and now I found one that I can actually do that I like.

    -Maisy x

    undecidables.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was like that, glad you liked this one
      Daniella x

      Delete
  2. Great post! I love tag posts :)

    http://alittlebitunique.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh who does llove music?

    http://sugarbabexo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey honey, what a lovely blog! i followed u as 7-24makyaj, hope you follow me back:) x0x0

    ReplyDelete
  5. This tag is great :) I love Scott Matthews <3
    http://shopaholiconashoestring.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks- he's great isn't he :)
      Daniella x

      Delete
  6. I love this tag! I'm way more interested in music than make up so I'd much prefer to read this. Congrats on the win too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know I much prefer reading about varied things, than just the one :)
      Daniella x

      Delete
  7. I love YOUR blog! =)

    Xoxo from Rio de Janeiro,

    Isabella
    www.reviravoltta.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. music tag? wow thats cool



    www.phioxee.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love The Rolling Stones and David Bowie, and movie soundtracks! :D x

    http://wewereraisedbywolves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David Bowie's one of my favs! :)
      Daniella x

      Delete
  10. I love Ben Howard - I have him playing as I write this :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I love him too, his album is one of my favs at the moment
      Daniella x

      Delete
  11. great post :) your blog is very good and interesting. im glad if you visit my blog, too <3 keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, glad you liked it :)
      Daniella x

      Delete
  12. What a sale :D

    Just started following you , Would love if you visit and follow my blog too <3

    http://sunniewrites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. aw so many lovely bands and songs <3
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you don't mind that I've done this tag! I love a lot of the music you're into aswell :)

    http://conceptofbudd.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I'l check out your blog and see what you put :)
      Daniella x

      Delete

Thanks so much for the comments, I love reading all of them and really appreciate every comment I receive.

I DON'T do follow for follow' as it's rude and impersonal. So please DON'T ASK me to follow you! Leave your link and I always check out blog URLs left for me of my own accord and if I like a blog I'll follow anyway.
Hope this doesn't put anyone off reading my blog or come across as negative :)
Thank you