Tuesday, 15 January 2013

13 things from 2013

A bit of a belated kind of resolution post, although I don't do resolutions, this is more what I hope to achieve from 2013. So 13 things from 2013, here goes:

2:1
I should (touch wood) graduate in June this year, and I hope I can come away with a 2:1 in my degree.
A job
Following graduating, I hope I can find a job straight away  anything will do, then it will at least give me time (and money) to look for a dream job/internship.
Holidays
I need a tan badly, and just to get out of the UK, I've been here far too long!

Glastonbury tickets
I haven't been to Glasto for the past 4 years now and tried so hard (ahem, got up at 8am on a Sunday) to get them in October but didn't :( I'm going to try again in April, so fingers crossed!
Find a place of my own to live (and afford)
Moving out should really be higher up on this list as it's number 2 (after getting a job- gotta pay the bills) on my agenda. I hate living at home and can't wait to have my own place.
Earn some money and stop spending so much-save
Obviously this goes hand in hand with getting a job. But once I have the money I need to stop spending it, especially if I want things like a holiday and Glastonbury tickets! I buy too much rubbish and waste too much of my money on coffee.
Read more books
Since being at Uni I find I have hardly any time to read books any more  and I miss it. I used to read so many books, and this summer I only managed 3, Pathetic!
Spend more time out seeing the world instead of sitting inside
Does anyone else get that cabin fever feeling sometimes, where they spend too much of a day inside, I like being outside in most weathers, although I hate being cold. But going out and exploring the world is something I love doing.
Go to the gym more
I joined last year and was doing pretty good, up until December when I had no motivation to go and though what's the point with all the Christmas food and alcohol. But it's January now, and I would have been twice this week (my goal is 3 times) which is pretty good for lazy old me.
Go to the seaside more
I also love the seaside! Even the British seasides, although you'll never catch me swimming in those seas! But I find being by the sea is so nice. I love it.
Cook more things and eat more things I've never tried before
I hate fish. I really can't stand the taste and smell and-even texture of some. When I say fish I mean ALL things from water; sharks, cod, prawns, scallops, sole, salmon, tuna, whales... Everything! But I have been trying lately to try more fish that I've never had before and in different ways. I tried fish cakes and while ago and could eat them! And am even considering ordering them in a restaurant. I also tried grilled swordfish and quite liked that. So I'm getting better.
Image source
Pick a new hairstyle, had this one toooooooo long!
I recently dyed my hair a very dark brown which was quite a change, but the hairstyle, one I've probably had for the past 7 years remains the same. I'm bored of it, but I'm too scared to cut it all off. So this year I need to decide what to do with it and go through with that plan
Stop procrastinating!
Most of my life (in regards to work) is spent procrastinating. I' forever putting off things to do and leaving them till the last minute. As I write this post, I'm procrastinating with the huge tidy of my room I was planning on doing! That needs to change. A little procrastination or lazy Sunday here and there acceptable but much less that what I do at the moment.

Thanks for reading, hope it wasn't too boring for you! I'll be back with a more interesting post later this week :)
Do you have any resolutions similar to mine? Or things you want to do/complete in 2013?

26 comments :

  1. Great pictures! Good luck with your 13 things :)

    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post :) Love the first photo xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need a holiday this year too, especially if this summer is going to be as rubbish as last year! That's a lovely photo. x
    that-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that's how I feel; cheated out of a summer last year! Need the sun!
      Daniella x

      Delete
  4. I really want to fly away too! I was lucky enough to score Glasto tickets just before they sold out, fingers crossed you nab some in April!

    Tara
    The Style Rawr!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah lucky for some :)! Thanks, I hope I get some too!
      Daniella x

      Delete
  5. Good luck with your resolutions! I'm desperate for a holibob too xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope we both get one :)
      Daniella x

      Delete
  6. That's a great list of resolutions! I wish I could go on holiday right now too - need to see some sun! x

    Evelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I feel exactly the same :)
      Daniella x

      Delete
  7. Oh great list, good luck with the degree and the job! Hope you get your holiday :)

    http://alittlebitunique.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Read books and visit the seaside more will definitely be on my list too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love going to the seaside :) Hope you get to go more!
      Daniella x

      Delete
  9. my biggest resolution this year is to take more opportunities and say yes. I also want to read more, I got the Hunger Games books for Christmas and I am OBSESSED. Luckily I don't have to visit the seaside more though, I live 30 seconds away from the beach! Ah, luxury ;)
    tie-dye-eyes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah very jealous, I would love to live near the sea (although preferably one that's warm all year round!) I hope you get to read more too! I read the hunger games this summer :)
      Daniella x

      Delete
  10. This is such a great post, I think you have some super good resolutions. I really want to go to the seaside more this year too! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It seems quite a lot of people like going to the seaside and want to go more :)
      Daniella x

      Delete
  11. Great resolutions for the year! I definitely need to get a tan this year too, I've been in Canada for too long hahahaha

    xoxo Bree
    The Urban Umbrella
    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know how you feel, the UK didn't really get a summer last year, so no tan for me :s
      Daniella x

      Delete
  12. Lovely post! You have an amazing blog :)

    http://nancymaterialgirl.blogspot.it/

    xoxo Nancy S.

    ReplyDelete
  13. these books inspire me <3
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comments, I love reading all of them and really appreciate every comment I receive.

I DON'T do follow for follow' as it's rude and impersonal. So please DON'T ASK me to follow you! Leave your link and I always check out blog URLs left for me of my own accord and if I like a blog I'll follow anyway.
Hope this doesn't put anyone off reading my blog or come across as negative :)
Thank you