Wednesday, 9 January 2013

Mini reviews: BB creams

I'm back!! Hope you all had a lovely Christmas and New Years and are still feeling the after affects of too much food, wine and chocolate- I definitely am. Thought I'd do quick mini review of 4 BB creams that I have at the moment, to ease myself back into bloggyland.
From L-R: Dr Jart Water fuse BB balm £18, Rimmel 9 in 1 BB cream £6.99, Garnier All-in-one BB cream £9.99, The Body Shop All-in-one BB cream £12

Dr.Jart Water Fuse BB Cream 50ml SPF25;
This is the latest one to join the BB team that lives in my drawer and so far it's my favourite. Maybe because it's Asian and therefore suited to paler skin and doesn't make me look tangoed? It's definitely the most expensive, but worth the money in my opinion, a little goes a long way. It's the best BB I've tried and I hope it's just a good in the summer.

Rimmel 9 in 1 BB cream 30ml SPF25;
My second favourite of the 'team' and the one I'l go for when I'm don't feel like using the Dr Jart/have lost it in a bag. It gives a slightly orange-r look than Dr Jart does but still works really well on my combination oily/dry skin. I find I don't really need to put moisturiser on before hand but one downside is if I do and don't leave it more than 20 mins before putting this on it mixes together and kind of flakes off? I've only had it a few times, thankfully!
L_R: Dr Jart, Rimmel, Garnier, The Body shop
Garnier Miracle Skin Perfecter All-in-one BB cream 50ml;
This was the first BB cream I ever bought and I loved it... in the summer when I had a tan. As soon as my tan faded (3 weeks after I got it is normally about right) this started feeling cakey and orange, especially as my skin got drier as winter approached. I will still use it in summer as I want to use it up but it wasn't amazing for me.

The Body Shop All-in-one BB cream 25ml;
This has to be, hands down, the worst BB I've used so far! I'm sure you can see from the first photo how full the tube still looks! It comes out white and once blended goes sooo orange. This really didn't work for me at all, I didn't like the consistency either which was almost sticky. Not what you want from a BB cream which are supposed to be easy to use.

Thanks for reading guys, do you have any BB cream recommendations or ones to stay away from?

33 comments :

  1. I love the texture of the Dr Jart one but I find I have to really blend it out otherwise I seem to get a tide mark! My fave is the Maybelline one so far. Agree with the garnier one, I can only use it in the summer!
    http://lardygrub.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I haven't found that so far with the Dr. Jart. I do get that with the Rimmel one though.
      Daniella x

      Delete
  2. I really want to try the dr. Jart bb cream I have heard such good things about it. Im currently using the no.7 beautiful skin bb cream but it can feel a little thick. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would really recommend it, it's a bit pricey but worth it in my opinion!
      Daniella x

      Delete
  3. I am like really really pale what BB cream would you recommend as so many people say most of them come out orange? Thanks.
    Chels xx

    http://chelsschapman.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am by no means an expert, but I'd suggest from the ones I've tried, that Dr. Jart is the best. Or you should look more at the Asian BB cream market as they have a lot for paler skins
      Daniella x

      Delete
  4. I love the Rimmel one but do find it quite dark! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, at the moment I'm really pale, the only one I can wear is Dr. Jart
      Daniella x

      Delete
  5. I really like the look of the Body Shop one. They do good bronzer and makeup brushes too xx

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do really like other body shop make up, but really did not like this BB cream. Just didn't suit me I guess
      Daniella x

      Delete
  6. Great post! I really want to try out the Dr Jart one, keep hearing nothing but good things about it! x

    Evelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really love using it, would recommend :)
      Daniella x

      Delete
  7. i still haven tried any BB cream i must give it a go x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the Dr Jart one, it's amazing! xo

    http://www.jenventure.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is isn't it :)Think I'm going to stick with this one now
      Daniella x

      Delete
  9. i love these creams. such lovely review ! <3
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice products *_* your blog looks very lovely and interesting.im glad if you visit my blog, too <3 keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute how you are referring to "bloggyland"! You gave me my first chuckle of the day!

    (='.'=)
    -Lauren at adorn la femme
    http://adornlafemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks :) Glad it made you chuckle
      Daniella x

      Delete
  12. I just started using BB Cream and I love it! Great blog!

    www.inspirationlush.com
    http://www.facebook.com/InspirationLush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, they're great aren't they :)
      Daniella x

      Delete
  13. I'd love to try the last one! I like the garnier and witch one :)


    Sarah xx
    http://fridayisforeverblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Garnier one, but can only wear it in summer, too pale atm :s
      Daniella x

      Delete
  14. I just started using the MAC bb cream, have never used a bb cream before. So far it seems nice,Am not a lover of heavy foundation so maybe that is a plus to liking bb. great post its so good to have a little info about a few different brands

    XOXOX

    Judith

    http://greatlittlefinds.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I need to try the MAC BB cream, that's next on the list :)
      Daniella x

      Delete
  15. I really like the Rimmel BB Cream and you're exactly right with adding the moisturizer and then the BB cream, it's like it crumbles and flakes away, not good!

    Chloë x
    http://ioncehadthisdream.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I bought the No 7 one, I had a voucher which I couldn't bring myself to waste and I actually really really love it!

    Enjoyed reading quite a few of your blogs so Ive followed you!

    http://beautybook13.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. I still haven't invested in a good bb cream. This review really helped, I may have a shop around and find a pale one! xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Dr Jart one sounds good, I've only tried the Garnier and find it so orange and it really dries my skin!

    Denise x
    Prettypetitepoppy.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  19. I did enjoy the garnier one but i did feel as if it made my skin real greasy. And that i even though I have dry skin. So I won't repurchase that one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comments, I love reading all of them and really appreciate every comment I receive.

I DON'T do follow for follow' as it's rude and impersonal. So please DON'T ASK me to follow you! Leave your link and I always check out blog URLs left for me of my own accord and if I like a blog I'll follow anyway.
Hope this doesn't put anyone off reading my blog or come across as negative :)
Thank you