Wednesday, 14 August 2013

Favourite new things- Lush

Hey, so I'm finally back to proper blogging mode, it was nice to have some time off but I missed it! I'm still not too sure of thing I'll blog about.. running dry on ideas! But this post is about some new things I've bern loving lately; and they all happen to be from Lush!


First up are two new bath bombs/melts; the left is 'Phoenix Rising', which is a bomb that is said to refresh and renew, with cinnamon stick as the featured ingredient, as well as shea and cocoa butter and bergamot oil. The bomb releases the oils and butter and turns the bath water a lovely purple colour (some people have said this stained their bathtub but I didn't find that) and there was also some glitter. I loved the scent and was actually quite pleased it didn't stay on my skin as it would clash with my moisturiser etc.
The second, is 'Floating \Island' a bath melt, an item quite new to me that I hadn't tried out before. It contains Sandalwood oil, Cocoa butter and Almond oil. It smelt so lovely and was not melty or sticky at all like some of the other bath melts. It gives off such a lovely warming smell that lasts on the skins for quite a while, which I didn't mind either!
Next up is 'Catastrophe Cosmetic', a fresh face mask with Fresh Bueberries as a key ingredient, along with Irish Moss gel and Calamine lotion, and Almond Oil. The almond oil and Irish moss are supposed to Freshen and moisturise the skin, while the blueberries are packed full of minerals and antioxidants, and the Calamine loation cleanses and soothes the skin. It smelt so good and reminded me of a blueberry muffin- the blueberry scent was so strong- in a good way. The texture I found was a bit wetter than some of the other Lush face masks but it left me skin feeling so nice!
Last up, I've been loving the 'Sea Spray', which has Fine Sea Salt and Neroli, Rosewood and Grapefruit oil in. It smells so good, if it wasn't so expensive I'd be spraying it on everyday, regardless of the texturising effect it gives. I've found this so much nicer and less crispy than the texturising spray you find on the high street. I spray it on my hand and work into curled hair, to give it more volume and help maintain the curls and it really does help.

What have you been loving lately? Are you Lush fans or is there a different brand/shop you go to?

24 comments :

  1. Lush stuff is always so good! I love Phoenix Rising, definitely one I go back to a lot :) I might try out the sea salt spray, the ones I have are a little dry sometimes!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I love just shopping in their stores as they always smell incredible. Dangerous though as I can't not buy anything whenever I'm in one!
      Daniella x

      Delete
  2. When people post amazing things about Lush I get really frustrated since we don't have it in Norway /: Gotta try it when I go back to the US!

    Love, Kat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I thought your could order Lush internationally though? That's shame- hopefully it will come to Norway soon!
      Daniella x

      Delete
  3. I would soooo love to try these, they look amazing! xx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are :) Smell so lovely
      Daniella x

      Delete
  4. Love the Floating Island bath melt! Think I might need to re-purchase that :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AH me too, def a re-purchase :)
      Daniella x

      Delete
  5. The sea spay sounds really interesting..! I'm looking for something that can hold curls and give some volume, this might be the one!
    x
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it, as my hair is always so flat- I wouldn't say it will hole tight curls all day nut it definitely held something- which is more than other things have done!
      Daniella x

      Delete
  6. I love lush! I think a stop by to lush is well needed for me after reading this post!
    Lovely Post!

    Lauren x

    http://www.thebeaubow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never go to Lush but that salt spray sounds nice! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It smells so nice too- I think it's the neroli in it- and it worls well-winning :)
      Daniella

      Delete
  8. I love this post so much! I'm a hugh Lush fan and can't seem to keep away! Some lovely ideas here

    Erin, xx

    http://strawcherry21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks, I can never seem to keep away from Lush either!
      Daniella x

      Delete
  9. i love lush products but the store's a little overwhelming...sensory overload! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! But I do love all the smells though!
      Daniella x

      Delete
  10. Love all the photos! Such a great post :)

    Visit my blog? xx Miss Beatrix (http://missbeatrix.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The sea spray sounds wonderful! I wish I could get to the beach for a natural sea hair look :( I guess sea spray is the next best option :)

    roshjourney.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I wish I lived by (a warm) beach and I could get beachy sea hair everyday
      Daniella x

      Delete
  12. ahh I love lush products.. I wish I could shop there unlimited :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I love it whenever I get vouchers for xmas.. although the go so quickly!
      Daniella x

      Delete

Thanks so much for the comments, I love reading all of them and really appreciate every comment I receive.

I DON'T do follow for follow' as it's rude and impersonal. So please DON'T ASK me to follow you! Leave your link and I always check out blog URLs left for me of my own accord and if I like a blog I'll follow anyway.
Hope this doesn't put anyone off reading my blog or come across as negative :)
Thank you