Thursday, 3 April 2014

So I tried a smoothie fast...

Last week I thought I'd try a smoothie fast, after finding a good one on Dr Oz's site. It involved buying about £22 worth of fruit and veg (and of course you'll need a blender)!

I quite enjoyed it, some smoothies I liked more than others! One smelt a bit acidic and sicky, and I couldn't bring my self to drink it, so ate some chicken instead (massive fail on that front!).
Below is the actual plan from the website, which is Here.
I altered some of the recipes slightly, for example: I didn't have flax seeds so I used linseeds instead. And I'm not a massive fan of raspberries, so I used half the amount show and the rest strawberries. The Lunch drink was the one I really didn't get on with, and all three days I skipped it and had more of another smoothie.

For the 'snack' drink, I used another smoothie from Dr Oz's site, the energy boosting smoothie, which has banana, peanut butter (I used the almond butter I'd bought for the other smoothies), cocoa powder, natural yoghurt, cinnamon and ice. I really liked this one.

Overall I really liked 'detoxing' if you can call it that with the smoothies, as they really do fill you up.
Have you tried a smoothie detox or a detox of any kind? I'm looking at trying a 7 day one next!

20 comments :

  1. Did you find you lost weight on the detox?! I've been considering doing one too but not sure which one to follow! xo

    The perks of being a hipster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really, as I didn't follow it to the T and didn't do it for the full 3 days. But I did feel good after doing it!
      Daniella x

      Delete
  2. Interesting! I've never done a smoothie/juice cleanse, but I like the little grid that shows you your options at least! :)

    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that's why I really liked this diet- the grid made it so easy :)
      Daniella x

      Delete
  3. Well done for doing it! I can see why the lunch one might be hard to stomach, but the other sound yummy! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I'd quite like to do it again to be honest! But would need to find an alternative to the lunch smoothie!
      Daniella x

      Delete
  4. I've read so many positive and negative things about detoxing that I decided to stop and just eat healthy and exercise all the time. Although I am thinking about trying another tea tox!

    http://abigailalicex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always hearing good/bad things but tbh if you do whatever's best for you and not to an extreme I think that's fine :)
      Daniella x

      Delete
  5. Well done on doing this! I never could, I need to chew something haha xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! I did feel like I needed to chew on something after :)
      Daniella x

      Delete
  6. it looks delicious ;)
    http://la-sante-est-belle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks- Some of them were :)
      Daniella x

      Delete
  7. The iced one with cinnamon sounds delicious. I'm always intrigued about this kind of thing so it's interesting reading about how you found it!

    Shannon Rebecca | Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think that one was lovely! I really want to try it again actually
      Daniella x

      Delete
  8. Looks delicious, I love making smoothies!

    purple--flamingo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to try a juice detox, might try this smoothie one as well! Xx

    Vividlondon.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to try a juice detox but I don't have a juicer :( Really keen to do this again though
      Daniella x

      Delete
  10. The smoothie recipes look really delicious. By the way flax and linseed is exactly the same thing, just American and British versions of it - next time remember to grind them, though, otherwise they don't get digested properly. :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mango and spinach one was def my favourite! Ah thanks! good to know :)
      Daniella x

      Delete

Thanks so much for the comments, I love reading all of them and really appreciate every comment I receive.

I DON'T do follow for follow' as it's rude and impersonal. So please DON'T ASK me to follow you! Leave your link and I always check out blog URLs left for me of my own accord and if I like a blog I'll follow anyway.
Hope this doesn't put anyone off reading my blog or come across as negative :)
Thank you