Friday, 9 May 2014

A small trip to Wales..

So as earlier this week was bank holibobs we decided to take a small trip to Wales on Sunday. I'd never been and when we were lazily watching the Call Centre one evening, inspiration struck! 
We only had one night but we still saw quite a bit, we stayed in Cardiff and then went to Caerphilly the next day (the place of the cheese!).  Both places had castles and Welsh things- Cardiff was bustling, especially at night, and really pretty!

The Caerphilly castle was beautiful and set on a hill (of course). It was built in 1270, and as the second photo shows, one tower was leaning a tad! It was still beautiful and huge, though!
If I go back I def want to go to the beach and see more of Cardiff, felt we only saw the centre and some bars and shops!

Have any of you been to Wales? What did you do for the bank holiday?

9 comments :

  1. This looks like a lovely bank holiday trip. :) The castle looks beautiful!
    emmerliejay x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Wales! It sounds like you had a wonderful bank holiday trip! Xx

    Vividlondon.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been to Wales but always wanted to go. Thanks for sharing these lovely pictures!

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment :)

    Wales is a beautiful place. I've spent a lot of time in both Caerphilly and Cardiff as I have a friend who lives almost in the middle of the two. I've never been to either of the castles though. Lovely pictures :)

    Aysha x
    outletjunkie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wales is so beautiful! x

    underbluelights.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could have seen more of both Cardiff and Caerphilly- I feel liek all I saw were the shops and castles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was my first time going and now I want to go again :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks I did! Just made me want to go again though...!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It really was, both Cardiff and Caerphilly castles were so pretty :) Loved it

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comments, I love reading all of them and really appreciate every comment I receive.

I DON'T do follow for follow' as it's rude and impersonal. So please DON'T ASK me to follow you! Leave your link and I always check out blog URLs left for me of my own accord and if I like a blog I'll follow anyway.
Hope this doesn't put anyone off reading my blog or come across as negative :)
Thank you