Tuesday, 27 May 2014

Breakfast ideas

Lately I've been getting really bored with having yoghurt or Honey nut crunch, much as I love the latter, its not the healthiest breakfast! So I've been trying a few new things.
This first one is my fav green smoothie, made with mango, kiwi, avocado, spinach, almond milk and a few scoops of Slender Blend protein powder- and of course lots of ice cubes :) The avocado helps make it really creamy and smooth and the mango adds sweetness. 

Next is 'fridge oats' or 'overnight oats'. Simply put a kind of cold porridge made by soaking the oats in milk or water or whatever you want to soak them in overnight. I soak my oats in almond milk and add all the things above: chia seeds, agave nectar, cinnamon and some frozen berries and sometimes banana, sometimes cocoa nibs or raisins. There are so many toppings you can do.
And lastly one of the simplest ones to do; non fat greek yoghurt, a squirt of agave nectar and granola topped with dried apple (didn't have fresh or would have used this!), some linseeds and some raisins- and a dash of almond milk.
Sorry they're not more exciting or adventurous, but ain't nobody got time for that!

What are your healthy breakfast ideas?

6 comments :

  1. Oats are definitely my all-time favourite breakfast! Lately I've been eating them with apple puree and lots of cinnamon and it tastes absolutely amazing and I can't believe I hadn't thought of doing it sooner, haha. Yoghurt and fruit is always a winner too. Actually... I just love all breakfast foods, haha. Hope you have a lovely day :)

    Deb | Debra Bros Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristie Nguyen29 May 2014 at 11:24

    Definitely love yogurt and oats together, I think that's my favourite :) with fruit on top of course!

    www.itskristiee.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too!I think they're probs my fav :)
    Daniella x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh me too! One of my favourite thing to have for brekky :)
    Daniella x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mine too- I've tried dried apple and cinnamon with mine but never puree! Might have to give that a go!
    Daniella x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Granola is so yummy! I really want to try and make my own someday! Yes try dried apple (or fresh) it's so nice :)
    Daniella x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comments, I love reading all of them and really appreciate every comment I receive.

I DON'T do follow for follow' as it's rude and impersonal. So please DON'T ASK me to follow you! Leave your link and I always check out blog URLs left for me of my own accord and if I like a blog I'll follow anyway.
Hope this doesn't put anyone off reading my blog or come across as negative :)
Thank you