Friday, 20 June 2014

Recent purchases- mini reviews


L'Oreal Ultimate Blends dry shampoo with Vanilla Milk for mid to long hair
I recently bought this expecting great things as I've tried their shampoo and conditioner in the same range and love them(still half price at Boots too!-grab em soon! This was a bit meh! It smelt quite nice and added volume to my hair but it didn't really take away the greasy look (from 3 day old hair) like my batiste does.



Barry M Prickly Pear Gelly nail polish
I LOVE this polish; I love all the Barry M Gelly polishes to be fair, but this one is beautiful! The fact that the name 'Prickly Pear' reminded me of Jungle Book (Can you pick a paw-paw or a prickly pear?) probably helped a lot too! I really like these bright pastely colours for summer, and the Gelly polishes stay on well too.

Bourjois healthy mix foundation in No.52 Vanilla
I bought this about 6 weeks ago by mistake- I had meant to buy the healthy mix serum that I hear raved about a lot on the inter-webs- but I'm glad I go this! It's by far my favourite foundation to date, it's a light to medium coverage, the cover matches me really well and I don't mind the fresh, floral scent! Also it doesn't cling to dry patches/ stay too oily! A definite winner.


Soap and Glory 'Super Colour Fabu-lipstick in 'Pom Pom matte'
This was a very recent purchase but I already love it, I'm a big fan of matte lipsticks and lip tints but it's really hard finding ones that don't dry your lips out- or make them look dry. This one doesn't at all and I really like the gorgeous deep pinky colour. I wasn't expecting the packaging to be so nice either- but it feels really luxurious (if that's the right word) compared to other high street brand's packaging.

Eyeko Skinny liquid eyeliner in Black
I received this free with Glamour magazine earlier this month as quite a few bloggers did and luckily I found the black one! I've seen a lot of people not liking this? They have been saying it's quite dry or hard to use. Personally I haven't found that at all! While it's not the most amazing liquid liner in the world it's certainly not bad and just as good as the ones I buy in boots for £5! So overall, a good gift in my opinion!

What's been your favourites this month? Have your tried any of these things? What did you think?

5 comments :

  1. Thanks for checking out my blog:)
    You have so many different cosmetic products there compared to Canada.
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the healthy mix and I find it to be a good drugstore brand to use on days off when I don't want to wear my high end make up! :)

    Pretty Style www.prettystylebylouise.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannah Cornish22 June 2014 at 11:29

    Love love love the Barry M gelly nail varnishes!

    Hannah xo | hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried barry m products but I'd love to try them! And that eyeliner seems amazing <3

    www.definitelymycupoftea.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really must try that S&G lipstick now! Great post :)

    The Beauty Scrapbook

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comments, I love reading all of them and really appreciate every comment I receive.

I DON'T do follow for follow' as it's rude and impersonal. So please DON'T ASK me to follow you! Leave your link and I always check out blog URLs left for me of my own accord and if I like a blog I'll follow anyway.
Hope this doesn't put anyone off reading my blog or come across as negative :)
Thank you