Saturday, 26 September 2015

Travel Destinations: Gili Trawangan, Indonesia (part 1)

It seems so long ago now, but at the end of August I went to the beautiful island of Gili Trawangan or 'Gili T', the largest of 3 small islands off of Lombok.
It took a good while to get there (16 hours travel via Singapore to Bali) where we stayed one night in Padang Bai before catching the boat to Gili T - but it was so worth it!
We went there mainly for scuba diving, but also just to relax from work and enjoy island life! Everything was so cheap, we'd enjoy a mouth-watering stone cooked pizza from £4 for dinner, gelato from £1.50 and my favoruite - charcoal cooked corn on the cob from the street stalls for 75p!
We played mini golf, watched (many) sunsets, I tried lobster for the first time, swam with turtles in the sea and even did a cooking course!
The food we made was delicious and right by the night market with freshly bought ingredients - I've already tried to recreate it at home and it's just not the same without the amazing ingredients!

It's definitely somewhere I'd love to go again, and even visit the other 2 islands one day too!

Have you been to Indonesia or plan going? Where did you go or recommend?


Next stop - Bali... coming soon!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for the comments, I love reading all of them and really appreciate every comment I receive.

I DON'T do follow for follow' as it's rude and impersonal. So please DON'T ASK me to follow you! Leave your link and I always check out blog URLs left for me of my own accord and if I like a blog I'll follow anyway.
Hope this doesn't put anyone off reading my blog or come across as negative :)
Thank you