Monday, 2 November 2015

Travel destinations: Ubud, Bali, Indonesia (part 2)

A few weeks ago I posted about my trip to Indonesia and the Gili Islands. Well after the Gilis, we stopped in Bali for a few days, before our flight home. I'm so glad we did and sad we didn't get to spend longer there!
We stayed in Ubud, about 1.5 hours drive inland from the East coast and the same distance from Ngurgh Rai airport.
The first place we went to after we arrived (and checked in at our hotel) was the Monkey forest!
I'd been excited to come here since I heard about it. It's full of long tailed Balinese monkeys - each one cheekier than the next! 
 Next on the list was the temples and market in Ubud. There were so many market stalls - and so many things to buy. My hand luggage was full to the brim flying home!
Finally we walked the Campuhan ridge walks which lead out of Ubud and then we saw some beautiful rice fields at sunset!

I feel like there was so much I didn't see and really need to go back to Bali again some day!
Have you been? What places would you recommend / like to see in Bali?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for the comments, I love reading all of them and really appreciate every comment I receive.

I DON'T do follow for follow' as it's rude and impersonal. So please DON'T ASK me to follow you! Leave your link and I always check out blog URLs left for me of my own accord and if I like a blog I'll follow anyway.
Hope this doesn't put anyone off reading my blog or come across as negative :)
Thank you