Friday 6 July 2012

Addicted to... Beauty Boxes: review take 2

So on the last review I stated that I was going to cancel my Glossybox and order the Joliebox and the Luxbox. I ordered the Joliebox just in time to recieve the Birthday box which I was happy about- HOWEVER if any of you also subscribe to Joliebox you will also know the hassle that its been! I only got my JUNE box today. The contents were ok but then all the beauty bloggers who'd already had theirs had raved about them so the surprise was gone. But apparently this problem is not isolated,  so bye bye Joliebox!

Heres a quick round up of what was inside my Joliebox ( I really like to box too although it was noticeably smaller than the others?!); Elysambre:Discovery range Mascara, Institut Esthederm: Bronz repair Body Lotion, L'Occitane: Angelica Hydration Cream, Leonor Greyl: Volumizing Shampoo with Algae, Yon-ka: Pamplemousse Protective and Vitalizing cream & a Jolie Nail file.


I was most impressed with/ I think I'll get the most use out of these below, as I really wasn't a fan of the Mascara as it was brown which I hate and the L'Occitane cream I felt a bit 'meh' about.


However, a hero among the chaos, while I was waiting for my JUNE Jolibox, my JULY She Said Beauty box actualy arrived, promptly and dare I say earlier than I expected. I didn't know what I'd be getting which was nice. I was really happy with the box, I liked 3 of the five things which was great!
It came with: Miner's Cosmetics: Bronzer and Blusher Blend, The Vintage Cosmetics Company: Vintage Eyelash Curler, Murad: Time Release Blemish Cleanser, Stylefile: S-file and Freeze24.7: Ice Crystals Anti-Aging Prep and Polish.
I was most impressed/needed(!) the Miner's Cosmetics Bronzer/Blusher:
 And I needed the Eyelash curlers so they were a welcome gift!


And also introducing my Luxbox which I was happy enough with. It contained: First Aid Beauty: Daily Face Cream, Green People: Eco Eye Trio in earth, Kelly Edwars Skincare: Exfoliating Cream, Delicious Teeth: Tooth Cleanser & Murad: Time Release Blemish Cleanser.
I thought the toothpaste was a bit unusual but it sounded nice so I'll give it a go, and I was pleased with the eyeshadow; I'll really get some use out of these. however I'm sure you would have noticed I recieved another Murad cleanser- the same as I recieved from my She Said Beauty box. Which was a bit of a shame but I suppose with two boxes sending it out, it must be work!

Right sorry for the ever so long Blog post. But basically in my opinion She Said Beuaty so far have been the best box for me, Joliebox more hassle than its worth and Glossybox hit and miss. And although I liked the Luxbox I just didn't feel the communication was as good from them and the products were good but I didn't 'love' any of them- and I loved the She said Beauty box! Do any of you subscribe to these boxes? What did you think? Will you continue or change or cancel altogether?

Thanks for reading, Please comment/subscribe if you liked this post :)

8 comments :

  1. I've been wanting to try F.A.B. Daily Face Cream.. :) Love your blog! Following u now.. :)

    www.cutedumpling.blogspot.com

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much! I'm looking forwards to try out the F.A.B cream as its had really good reviews :)
      Daniella x

      Delete
  2. I didn't even know this beauty box existed .. looks fab!

    http://thriftyfridays.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks very much for the comment, which beauty box? the last one? I think its relatviely new I found out by chance :)

      Daniella x

      Delete
  3. I've been looking at all three boxes for a while and eventually ended up subscribing to joliebox just in time for this box too. I know it was really late but I absolutely love the contents - i'm a bit of a French skin care fanatic! The other two boxes look nice too but I think I'd only really use the face creams so I guess joliebox was (this month at least) more suited to me. Woah essay comment! Haha x

    josieowen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha nevermind my whole post was an essay! I do think the Joliebox was the most luxurious of all the boxes, and it smelled goregous when I opened it. And yes it had amazing skin care in it. I just felt I had way too many skin creams and didn't want to add to the collection :)
      I've still got Joliebox for next month so hoping that ones a good'un!
      Daniella x

      Delete
  4. Hmm interesting... I've been tempted to sub to a beauty box for a while now. Thanks for this post :)

    pinkforflamingos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, I did like trying the different ones out, hopefully you'll find one you're happy with :)
      Daniella x

      Delete

Thanks so much for the comments, I love reading all of them and really appreciate every comment I receive.

I DON'T do follow for follow' as it's rude and impersonal. So please DON'T ASK me to follow you! Leave your link and I always check out blog URLs left for me of my own accord and if I like a blog I'll follow anyway.
Hope this doesn't put anyone off reading my blog or come across as negative :)
Thank you