Tuesday 25 June 2013

Summer = Festivals, Part 2

Festivals, in the UK, are not generally associated with being clean and pristine looking. In fact most people, by the third day (some the second day.. euw) will stink, have greasy hair, and have 3 day old make up and facepaint on. The trick is to not smell as much as the people around you.. ergo you smell better! Nah I kid, the trick is to not smell/look greasy at all!
First off, if you are not one of the lucky bastards camping in luxury, then you will have to face facts that it will be very difficult for you to have a shower. As mentioned in the last post, baby wipes are your best friend! next up you want a long lasting strong deodorant  not something usually talked about on beauty blogs, but you need it! I'd recommend this Mitchum one, as it lasts a long time, and isn't too hard on your pennies.
Now for your face, you need to remember a face cream that has SPF in it, as you will be outside, literally ALL day. And don't bother with face wipes, baby wipes should do the job. A good SPF moisturiser is the best bet. I like this Boots Vitamin E with SPF 15, as again it isn't too expensive so if you did happen to lose/damage it, it's not the end of the world!

Onto Hair essentials, one, would of course be: dry shampoo. If you are not a fan of Batiste as I know some people aren't, they are a few good ones out there, such as the Umberto Giannini dry shampoo, or the Trevor Sorbie dry shampoo. A final hair essential would be a hair oil or serum, to combat the drying effect of the dry shampoo, but on the ends of course- not the roots! For cheapness and still generally still quote good results, love to carry around this travel size Tresemme Liquid gold, Argan oil.

Finally- make up essentials, after the first two days, I find I become lazier with my makeup and a smokey eye is what I end up resorting to, so what ever look you normally do, take make up for that- don't take a whole kit with you, for one thing you won't have time to do it (well I definitely didn't!) and you will regret carrying it all around. Take a few essentials that you know work: lipbalm, and an allrounder lipstick/colour, an eyepencil/liner, one or two eyeshadow shades, a mascara, and one powder, maybe a BB cream if they work fir you- I like Dr. Jart Water Fuse BB cream. A few brushes and you should be good to go. The only other thing I would recommend it a primer, they are definitely worth it, when it comes to keeping your make up in place, and not needing to reapply it so often! My favourite is the Benefit 'That Gal' brightening primer.

What are your beauty essentials for festivals? Anything you could recommend?

16 comments :

  1. Such great tips! Iv never been a fan of festivals but i can use these tips for camping too! I can only imagine what people end up looking like at festivals haha poor girls :)

    BlogLovin' | Blog | Facebook
    xoXo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I've never actually been camping apart from when I've been at a festival ha! Hope the tips help
      Daniella x

      Delete
  2. Great tips! Dry shampoo is definitely a must have!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks- I know especially for ol' lazy bones like me!
      Daniella x

      Delete
  3. I love this post. So helpful. I've been dying to try the Mythic oil for aaages.

    www.crazylins.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks- glad you liked it. I really like the Mythic oil, so would recommend
      Daniella x

      Delete
  4. I like your picks! I always take wet wipes, sunscreen and a tinted lip balm! x

    Evelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks- yeah gotta take the wet wipes. I'm alway rubbish with sunscreen and usually end up with a burnt nose!
      Damiella x

      Delete
  5. great post! i wish i was going to a festival this year! xo

    http://prettypetticoats.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Some of my friends got back from Glasto last week and I'm still jealous!
      Daniella x

      Delete
  6. I don't own any makeup products by benfit! it's deff on my wishlist tho! haha
    whats your most favorite beauty product!? (only 1)

    xx promise
    http://www.herbehaviour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like benefit products- they are more pricey but worth it I think. Ummm that's a tricky one! probably.. mascara? As I always feel 'not made up' without it on
      Daniella x

      Delete
  7. So many lovely pics! I like your blog. What about following each other?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could never go to a festival, couldn't deal with all the dirtiness! That deodorant is really good though haha xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I hate the dirt too! But you forget about it after a while :)
      Yup that ones my fav
      Daniella x

      Delete

Thanks so much for the comments, I love reading all of them and really appreciate every comment I receive.

I DON'T do follow for follow' as it's rude and impersonal. So please DON'T ASK me to follow you! Leave your link and I always check out blog URLs left for me of my own accord and if I like a blog I'll follow anyway.
Hope this doesn't put anyone off reading my blog or come across as negative :)
Thank you