Saturday 26 March 2016

A bit different for Easter.. Chocolate bark

This Easter I decided I wanted to make something a bit different to the normal Easter egg (note- I've never made an Easter egg!). I'd seen these chocolate barks or slabs, or whatever they're called, a lot on Pinterest and they looked so pretty.
For mine I decided to make a fruit and nut chocolate slab - but a really nice, fancy fruit and nut. More than your average Cadburys Dairy Milk Fruit and Nut with some raisins and hazelnuts in. 


My slab /bark had brazil nuts, walnuts, macadamia nuts and cashews. Along with dried fruit including raisins, sultanas, goji berries and dried cherries. It pretty easy to make, for mine, I melted 200g milk chocolate before adding in some crushed nuts and dried fruit - I saved about a third.


I poured mine on some very lightly buttered baking paper and a very rough mould which I'm made from putting extra thing in the baking tin!


Once the mixture had solidified a bit I sprinkled on the third of nuts and fruit I'd saved for decoration and swirled in a small amount of white chocolate. Then I set in the fridge!

Have you made chocolate bark or chocolate slab before? I'd love to try more adventurous flavours next time!

This Easter, I also made Creme Egg Brownies - check out the recipe here!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for the comments, I love reading all of them and really appreciate every comment I receive.

I DON'T do follow for follow' as it's rude and impersonal. So please DON'T ASK me to follow you! Leave your link and I always check out blog URLs left for me of my own accord and if I like a blog I'll follow anyway.
Hope this doesn't put anyone off reading my blog or come across as negative :)
Thank you