Friday 15 April 2016

What I've been eating for breakfast

For breakfast lately, I've been giving myself a lot more time to make, eat and enjoy what I'm having than the usual grabbing whatever is there before rushing off to work.
There are some of the things I've been enjoying lately:

Smoothie bowls



Ah, the Intsagram worthy smoothie bowls, they look sooo pretty and I've found out they taste pretty amazing too & perfect for when it's hot! Nothing better than a cool smooth bowl when it's sunny out. The top bowl is a berry and 1/2 banana based smoothie with raspberries, banana, almonds, raisins and blueberries.


This smoothie bowl is a coconut and oat based smoothie - I made it a bit too runny - with frozen blackberries, blueberries, mango and some muesli. YUM


Smoothies

This is when I CBA to make a pretty smoothie bowl, or I need something fast and portable! This avocado, cucumber, spinach, mango, lime and banana one mixed in with some coconut milk (the drinking kind) is one of my favourites!

Eggs Florentine

This is more of an indulgent weekend /  brunch type breakfast, but I love having eggs and one of my favourite is eggs Benedict or Florentine! A few weekends ago I finally mastered my own hollandaise! To make this, I poached two eggs and wilted some spinach. Then to make the Hollandaise sauce, I added melted butter to two egg yolks and cooked on a medium-low heat in a glass bowl above a pan of boiling water, continually whisking. As it thickened up I add in some vinegar.

Shakshuka

Another weekend brunch dish. I feel like this north African dish seems to be having a bit of a moment and seems quite popular all over Instagram and Pinterest. I've loved it ever since visiting Morocco. To make mine, I simply fry finely chopped onions and peppers in paprika, black pepper, cumin and parley with crushed garlic. Then I add in chopped tomatoes, some water and tomato purée. Once it's thickened up, I make little dips and crack in the eggs and lower the heat while I put a lid over.

It's great served with some bread which you can dip in the eggs :)


What are you go-to breakfasts?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for the comments, I love reading all of them and really appreciate every comment I receive.

I DON'T do follow for follow' as it's rude and impersonal. So please DON'T ASK me to follow you! Leave your link and I always check out blog URLs left for me of my own accord and if I like a blog I'll follow anyway.
Hope this doesn't put anyone off reading my blog or come across as negative :)
Thank you