Wednesday 7 October 2015

The ultimate hot chocolate

I believe I found the inspiration for this on Pinterest, but I can't remember to be honest! As the Autumn days are getting darker and the air colder: I've been craving hot chocolate more and more.
Not the powdery, packet mix either - the good stuff!
This decadent, sea salt and cinnamon hot chocolate with a cocoa whipped double cream topping was just what I wanted!
To make all you'll need is:
Milk( (dairy of non dairy)
Double cream (about 100-150ml) (or use a dairy free alternative)
Sugar
Cinnamon
Cocoa powder
Sea salt
Dark and milk chocolate
It's as simple enough as heating the milk, chocolate, cinnamon and sugar in a pan - slowly. And pouring into a Pinterest perfect glass mug. While your milk is cooking, whip the double cream with salt and cocoa powder to taste. It should be a nice cool contrast against the sweetened, warm milk.
And voila!

What are your decadent sweet treats this Autumn? Do you have any go-to hot chocolate recipes to share?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for the comments, I love reading all of them and really appreciate every comment I receive.

I DON'T do follow for follow' as it's rude and impersonal. So please DON'T ASK me to follow you! Leave your link and I always check out blog URLs left for me of my own accord and if I like a blog I'll follow anyway.
Hope this doesn't put anyone off reading my blog or come across as negative :)
Thank you